Thursday, April 24, 2008

Reflection

I am still a little unsure how much I really like the blog. I like the fact that we can just write whatever is on our minds and whenever we want to. But the one thing I did not like was writing two every week. I know that's not a lot but for me it was because I would forget and then have to catch up and that was kind of hard. Also I was having trouble coming up with ideas to write about. If someone told me write this in your blog it would have been a little easier for me, but I know that wasn't the point.
I don't know if I will use the blog in my classroom because I think it would be kind of tough in a math class. I could just introduce it to them and have it optional for them to write what is on their minds about school. I did like reading and watching different articles and videos of educational topics.
I do think the blog would be very beneficial in an English or Social Studies class. You could do projects, or just have students write their feelings towards a certain subject they are learning in class. It is just really hard for me to incorporate this with math. I did enjoy learning about this during the semester. I thought it was a great idea to do in this particular class.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Chrissy,

Thanks for reflecting.

It may be a bit more difficult to use a blog in a math class, but you never know what you can think of...

Here is one I found ( I will also share this on the main blog):

http://math-blog.com/